Our BIIAB Level 2 Certificate for CCTV Operators (Public Space Surveillance) will form part of the requirement needed to gain an SIA Licence to Practice.
This nationally recognised qualification is the industry standard and enable a CCTV operative to apply for a licence to practice to meet the SIA standard from 01/01/2015.
The BIIAB Award in CCTV Operations is recognised qualification by the SIA and consists of
two units: Unit 1 Working within the Private Security Industry
- Know the main characteristics of the Private Security Industry
- Understand legislation as it applies to the individual in carrying out a licensable activity
- Understand the importance of safe working practices to comply with legal requirements
- Understand emergencies and the importance of emergency procedures
- Understand the importance of communication skills and customer care
Unit 2 Working as a CCTV Operator within the Private Security Industry
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of the CCTV operator and other CCTV staff
- Understand CCTV codes of practice, operational procedures and guidelines
- Understand relevant legislation and how it impacts on CCTV operations
- Understand emergency procedures in the CCTV control room
- Understand the characteristics of a CCTV system
- Understand Health and Safety relevant to the CCTV operator
Unit 3 Practical Operation of CCTV Equipment within the Private Security Industry
- Understand how to use CCTV equipment
- Be able to operate the CCTV system
Knowledge and Practical-based Training and Assessment (32 hours)
The qualification provides candidates with the right to work within the CCTV (public space surveillance) industry, it also provides candidates with the basic knowledge and understanding of the industry.
How long is the training course?
The course will take 4 days, including the two examinations, Total 32 hours. Includes all exams, and certificates for the four days training.
What is the test like?
There is two multiple choice examinations. Plus you will have a practical assessment that is carried out in a live CCTV control room.
When do I get my results?
Normal practise with us is that we tell you the next day if you have passed and give you your code. This enables you to send for your SIA license straight away.
“NO WAITING WEEKS FOR RESULTS HERE".
Next Course Dates
Please contact us for information and place availability E: email@example.com