Our BIIAB Level 2 Award in Conflict Management
This one day course helps staff, whose work involves the provision of services to the public to avoid and manage conflict within their work environment. The award has been designed in conjunction with conflict management specialists in the licensed retail sector. Incidents of workplace violence can range from the relatively minor problems of people causing nuisance in a premises, for example through unacceptable levels of swearing, to serious incidents involving physical abuse and damage to property.
The course is designed to enable candidates to understand:
- the responsibilities of both employers and employees in relation to workplace
- violence under the Health & Safety at Work Act 1974
- what is meant by the terms 'risk' and 'hazard', and the causes of workplace violence
- how to identify and reduce hazards through risk assessment to reduce the likelihood of conflict arising
- understanding eye contact
- why and how conflict situations can arise, and how to avoid them
- verbal and non-verbal communication
- how to deal with conflict when it has arisen
- the use of body position to reduce conflict
- the law in relation to self-defence
- victim support, and the importance of reporting and recording incidents of workplace violence
How long is the training course?
The course will take 1 day
What is the test like?
Learners must answer correctly 23 out of 30 multiple choice examination.
When do I get my results?
Normal practice with us is that we tell you within 4 days
“NO WAITING WEEKS FOR RESULTS HERE".
Next Course Dates
Please contact us for information and place availability E: email@example.com