Our BIIAB Level 2 Award in Upskilling Door Supervision is a nationally recognised qualification and is endorsed by the SIA and regulated by Ofqual.
This qualification is aimed at Door
Supervisors that achieved their qualification prior to June 2010.
The qualification has been developed to meet the mandatory SIA top up training requirement for Door Supervisors as of 1/1/2015. Qualified learners who complete the qualification will be eligible to apply to renew their SIA Door Supervisors licence.
The BIIAB Award in upskilling door supervision is recognised qualification by the SIA and consists of two units:
Unit 1: Physical Intervention Skills for the Private Security Industry
- Understand physical interventions and the implications of their use
- Understand how to reduce the risk of harm when physical intervention skills are used
- Be able to use non-aggressive physical skills to protect yourself and others
- Be able to use non-pain related standing, holding and escorting techniques, including non-restrictive and restrictive skills
- Understand good practice to follow after physical interventions
Unit 2 Safety Awareness for Door Supervisors within the Private Security Industry
- Understand counter terrorism issues relevant to a door supervisor
- Know the role of a door supervisor when first aid situations occur in licensed premises
- Know legislation and requirements regarding children and young people relevant to a door supervisor
- Understand how a door supervisor can help to keep vulnerable people safe
- Understand queue management and venue capacity responsibilities relevant to a door supervisor
How long is the training course?
The course will take 2 days and includes all exams, and certificates for the two days training.
What is the test like?
Unit 1: This unit is assessed in two parts. Part one is a practical test and part two is a written true/false test
Unit 2: This unit is assessed by a 10-question multiple-choice examination
When do I get my results?
Normal practise with us is that we tell you within 4 days if you have passed and give you your code. This enables you to send for your SIA license straight away.
“NO WAITING WEEKS FOR RESULTS HERE".
Next Course Dates
Please contact us for information and place availability E: firstname.lastname@example.org